Did you know you can get Design Cuts WhatsApp updates directly on your phone? Find out more and register here: https://www.designcuts.com/whatsapp/
Thanks so much for joining the Design Cuts Community Forum! Be sure to check out our welcome post to help you get started: https://s.designcuts.com/Welcome-to-the-Forum

Design our 5th Birthday t-shirt- WINNERS ANNOUNCED

SJ- Community ManagerSJ- Community Manager Posts: 766 admin

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Any designs submitted after 5pm UK time on Friday 12th October will not be accepted.

Welcome to our massive 5th Birthday Event and the launch of the first ever Design Cuts Forum!

Over the next 2 weeks, we’ll be offering 100 of our Greatest EVER Products for just $5 each! This is our biggest deal to date so grab as many fonts, graphics, add-ons and templates as you want and build your own bundle of incredible resources.

Click here here to check out our 5th Birthday Event.

They’ll also be some Incredible Tutorials and Freebies! We’ll be releasing 2 of our biggest Freebie Fridays ever, as well as a special birthday tutorial showing you how to work with all your new goodies.

COMPETITION - WIN A MACBOOK PRO!
We’re so excited to announce our brand-new community forum and to celebrate the launch, we’re hosting a massive birthday competition. This is your chance to create an original birthday t-shirt for Design Cuts, and win some amazing prizes, including a Macbook Pro!

HOW TO ENTER:
All you need to do is design us a 5th Birthday t-shirt! We’ve included a Dropbox link to a free mock-up download below that has very kindly been provided by Zippy Pixels for you to use along with 3 versions of the Design Cuts logo in PDF format. Simply mock up your design and upload the final image in the comments thread below. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with mock-ups, as you should find this one super easy to use, however we will also accept flattened images if this works better for you :)

Download your free Mock-up from Zippy Pixels below:

https://bit.ly/2pBTcMc

PRIZES:
First place- The first prize winner will receive an Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro in Space Grey with 8GB memory 128GB storage.

Runners up- There will also be 3 runners-up, hand-picked by our creative team. Each runner-up will receive a $100 USD Design Cuts Gift Voucher to spend in the Design Cuts Marketplace.

People's Choice- Courtesy of an awesome suggestion by the lovely @Claudia we've decided to introduce a People's Choice award for the most reactions on any one entry in this thread. So don't forget to add your like's awesome's LOL's and so on to pick your favourite entry too!

TERMS:
The competition will close at 5pm UK time on Friday 12th October, any entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.

The team will be picking their favourite along with 3 runners up which will be announced on the following Monday, 15th October 2018.

The competition is open to all DesignCuts community members. For an entry to be deemed valid, it must be an original design and posted in the Design Cuts Forum for viewing.

You also have the opportunity to enter up to 3 times however only a maximum of 3 entries per person will be accepted.

There will be one grand winner selected by Tom from the entries we receive during this time.

No Design Cuts staff, family, Partners, Designer's who have participated in one of our bundles or have a Marketplace store are permitted to enter.

We are not connected or affiliated with Apple in any way. We are simply huge fans of their products, use them ourselves and wanted to give our community an awesome prize.

DesignCuts are not responsible for any delays in receiving prizes due to post or issues outside of our control.

Prizes are non- refundable and no cash alternative is available.

By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any associated entry requirements. Any breach of these Terms and conditions by an entrant will void their entry. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.

Good luck and we can’t wait to see your designs!

Here's a link to this weeks forum call and you can always send me a DM if you need any help in the forum:
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/community-hangout/1

Comments

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,925 Champion

@Tom Ross agreed. So much talent! I always enjoy seeing the amazing creations from everyone

• JemJem Posts: 909 mod

You guys give out the best prizes! This is so awesome. I can’t wait to see what people come up with :)

Photographer | Graphic Designer | Cat Mum | Film Watcher | Music Listener | Yorkshire Lass

Instagram: @shutterjunkie | Twitter: @photographerjem

• JeffJeff Posts: 606 mod
    edited October 2018

@Jemma Horsfall said:
    I can’t wait to see what people come up with :)

Me too. I think @Tom Ross is going to have a tough time picking the winner of the awesome first prize... but to channel donkey from Shrek...

PICK ME! PICKME! :D

P.S. I know I have no real chance so good luck to everyone taking part.

• johnny.feronjohnny.feron Posts: 46 Enthusiast

Well, we'll just try, and good luck to everyone :)

• MihaelaMihaela Posts: 1 Newbie

Wow! Your birthday celebrations are the best!
    Happy Birthday, @DesignCuts!

• Thank you so much @Jemma Horsfall @Mihaela. We hope you'll love celebrating our 5th Birthday event with us and the best of luck in the competition :D

Here's a link to this weeks forum call and you can always send me a DM if you need any help in the forum:

• juliannajulianna Posts: 223 Champion

woot! you guys are so generous, just being part of your community makes me happy. i also look forward to seeing all the great designs!

• Thank you so much @Julianna, we really appreciate your kind words and can't wait to check out all the entires :)

• alwapasalwapas Posts: 3 Newbie

This would be awesome. To have a computer to use for my graphic design work... You guys are too generous. Best of luck, everyone!! 🤗

• Amanda ElkinsAmanda Elkins Posts: 1 Newbie

This is awesome as usual! I would so love a mac book but seeing the talent that wins every year my skill level is just not there! Good luck to everyone!!!! I look forward to seeing it all this year like in years past!

• That's so lovely of you @Amanda Elkins we can't wait to check out the t-shirts this year and please feel free to send over anything you can, everyone is welcome no-matter what your experience :)

• JemJem Posts: 909 mod

I have an idea for this.. but I fear my execution will fail me haha. We shall see!

Photographer | Graphic Designer | Cat Mum | Film Watcher | Music Listener | Yorkshire Lass

Instagram: @shutterjunkie | Twitter: @photographerjem

• You can do it Jem! 🎉

• A FANTABULICIOUS 5th Celebration indeed! I'm sure we'll be witnessing another explosion of design entries here. A very Happy 5th Birthday from me to all you guys at Team DC. The best never rest :D (even on birthdays). All the very best for years to come. Good luck to all for the competition!

** Cheers from Malaysia **

• dear.candydear.candy Posts: 3 Newbie

what a fantastic prize! can I please just check, would i still qualify if i'm in australia?
    thanks guys :)

• Absolutely @dear.candy there's no restrictions for location as our community is world wide 🌍 :)

• dear.candydear.candy Posts: 3 Newbie

thank you for letting me know! i don't think i'll be able to sleep now :smile: it's 1am and i should have been in bed hours ago! :smiley:

• acrussell22acrussell22 Posts: 5 Newbie

Yyyaaaassssss! So excited for this!

• LamiaLamia Posts: 3 Newbie

Hello happy birthday DC i would like to enter the competition but i live in qatar i can enter??

• LamiaLamia Posts: 3 Newbie

And where can we find the amimation characters? And should we use them??

• JeffJeff Posts: 606 mod

@Lamia said:
    i would like to enter the competition but i live in qatar i can enter??

Yes, it's open to people worldwide!

And where can we find the amimation characters? And should we use them??

You don't need to use the 'amimation characters'.

• graphicroallgraphicroall Posts: 4 Newbie

@Julianna said:
    one entry per person?

I'd like to know that too.