Did you know you can get Design Cuts WhatsApp updates directly on your phone? Find out more and register here: https://www.designcuts.com/whatsapp/
Thanks so much for joining the Design Cuts Community Forum! Be sure to check out our welcome post to help you get started: https://community.designcuts.com/discussion/198/welcome-to-the-community

Howdy from Houston and from a DC Bundle Addict :)

Howdy everyone! (thought it would be fun to use a Texan greeting for everyone - I also went to Texas A&M University where greeting people with a "howdy" is a tradition and basically a requirement :D )

I'm an entrepreneur and creative, originally from Canada and have basically been a Design Cuts addict for the past two years or so (does this forum also double as a support group for DC bundle addition? :)) I'm a huge fan of their products, but mostly of the amazing DC team and community that they've built (also love the Honest Designers show, Honest Entrepreneur show, and basically everything that they do!).

I went to school for engineering but am super passionate about creative stuff. I'm most into photography, calligraphy, guitar, and teaching activities these days.

I do have a home on the interwebs at tamerghoneim.com and social media (mostly instagram these days). These are a few examples of my photography and calligraphy shenanigans - I'm super excited to join and meet everyone here in this awesome community!! :)

Comments

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,931 Champion

Hello!! πŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌ Another Canadian! Canada seems to have quite the presence here! πŸπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ

Love you Joker. Heath Ledger was the best Joker ever. Best part of the film, for sure.

Your photographs are amazing too

• Deborah BraunDeborah Braun Posts: 779 mod

Welcome to the forum @Tamer, I think most of us would be considered enablers, I just bought the newest bundle! There are a number of photographers and those into calligraphy!

• JemJem Posts: 933 Champion

Stunning work @Tamer ! Welcome to the forum :)

Photographer | Graphic Designer | Cat Mum | Film Watcher | Music Listener | Yorkshire Lass

Instagram: @shutterjunkie | Twitter: @photographerjem

• TamerTamer Posts: 39 Fan

Thank you all so much! @Claudia @Deborah Braun and @Jem !! Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun here with fellow Canadians and bundle buyers (could potentially dangerous if we're enabling each other to buy all the bundles :D They definitely always have such awesome stuff). So happy to meet you all!!

• Barbara.ABarbara.A Posts: 706 mod

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm at another Aggie university (USU), and we say "Howdy" here too. :) Welcome to the forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

• Richard LyallRichard Lyall Posts: 1,187 mod

Hey @Tamer welcome the forum - love your work! The calligraphic wheel design is stunning!

• JeffJeff Posts: 642 mod

Welcome @Tamer! Beautiful photographs. Are they processed single shots or HDR?

• Annabel SmithAnnabel Smith Posts: 157 admin

Hey @Tamer welcome to the Design Cuts forum! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, these are amazing and I especially love your calligraphy work- as someone with utterly horrendous handwriting I always get excited seeing cool calligraphy as it is like wizardry to me :smiley:

Seeing your calligraphy wheel design reminded me a little of the Dan Brown novel Angels and Demons. Have you ever tried creating your own Ambigrams where the words are the same upside down?

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,931 Champion

@Annabel Smith said:
    Seeing your calligraphy wheel design reminded me a little of the Dan Brown novel Angels and Demons. Have you ever tried creating your own Ambigrams where the words are the same upside down?

Oooooh what a wonderful idea! I'd love to see something like that!

• Really nice calligraphy @Tamer

@Jeff said:
    Welcome @Tamer! Beautiful photographs. Are they processed single shots or HDR?

Hey Jeff! So sorry for such a preposterously late reply - the end of the year got a bit crazy! Most of my photos are processed single images but sometimes I manually merge exposures when the dynamic range is too high for one shot. I used to use HDR software but now I do everything manually and am happier with the results. Definitely happy to answer any questions as I love geeking out about this stuff! :)

@Barbara.A said:
    Absolutely gorgeous! I'm at another Aggie university (USU), and we say "Howdy" here too. :) Welcome to the forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Thank you so much Barbara! I'm so sorry for such a late reply to your kind message - it's always totally awesome to meet a fellow Aggie :) :) So cool that they Howdy tradition is there too! I wonder how many of the other traditions we had in common between schools? It's been while for me, though, so mine may be dated :D

@Annabel Smith said:
    Hey @Tamer welcome to the Design Cuts forum! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, these are amazing and I especially love your calligraphy work- as someone with utterly horrendous handwriting I always get excited seeing cool calligraphy as it is like wizardry to me :smiley:

Thank you so much for the extremely kind words, Annabel - it really means a lot and I'm so so sorry for such a ridiculously late reply! If you like calligraphy and handwriting you should totally give it a try! I think you'd be surprised at what you could do having fun spending a little time - seriously, if you decide to give it a shot I'd be more than happy to help!

And I totally love the idea of trying to make some ambigrams - I'm definitely going to have to try that out. Thank you for sharing such an awesome idea! :)

• JemJem Posts: 933 Champion

Her @tamer - welcome!

Love your work, particularly that famous tree in the first photo :)

Photographer | Graphic Designer | Cat Mum | Film Watcher | Music Listener | Yorkshire Lass

Instagram: @shutterjunkie | Twitter: @photographerjem

@Jem said:
    Her @tamer - welcome!

Love your work, particularly that famous tree in the first photo :)

Thanks Jem! (cool name btw :) ) Yeah, that entire garden in Portland is full of beautiful scenes but that tree is extra special :)

• territerri Posts: 811 mod

@Tamer said:
    Howdy everyone! (thought it would be fun to use a Texan greeting for everyone - I also went to Texas A&M University where greeting people with a "howdy" is a tradition and basically a requirement :D )

I'm an entrepreneur and creative, originally from Canada and have basically been a Design Cuts addict for the past two years or so (does this forum also double as a support group for DC bundle addition? :)) I'm a huge fan of their products, but mostly of the amazing DC team and community that they've built (also love the Honest Designers show, Honest Entrepreneur show, and basically everything that they do!).

I went to school for engineering but am super passionate about creative stuff. I'm most into photography, calligraphy, guitar, and teaching activities these days.

I do have a home on the interwebs at tamerghoneim.com and social media (mostly instagram these days). These are a few examples of my photography and calligraphy shenanigans - I'm super excited to join and meet everyone here in this awesome community!! :)

Beautiful work, welcome!!!

• bijutohabijutoha Posts: 17 Fan

Welcome to the forum, @Tamer! You have a nice portfolio. Especially I love the typo.

@terri said:
    Beautiful work, welcome!!!

Thank you so much @terri - really great to be a part of the community!! Nice to meet you :)

@bijutoha said:
    Welcome to the forum, @Tamer! You have a nice portfolio. Especially I love the typo.

Thank you very much @bijutoha! I genuinely appreciate the feedback!! Great to meet you :)

• JeffJeff Posts: 642 mod

Hi @Tamer,

As I frequently bracket my shots for the dynamic range I have a love/hate relationship with HDR software. I think I have 4 or 5 commercial programs which look to do it all with their own strengths and weaknesses but no 'perfect' solution.

When you do exposure merge manually do you use luminosity masking or some other technique like that?

@Jeff said:
    Hi @Tamer,

As I frequently bracket my shots for the dynamic range I have a love/hate relationship with HDR software. I think I have 4 or 5 commercial programs which look to do it all with their own strengths and weaknesses but no 'perfect' solution.

When you do exposure merge manually do you use luminosity masking or some other technique like that?

Hi @Jeff I totally understand what you mean - I've probably owned most of the HDR software programs at some point, but was never really happy with the results. I bracket as well most of the time, although some cameras have really impressive dynamic ranges nowadays. There are some techniques that are helpful for more challenging blends, but luminosity masks are definitely my go-to technique for a lot of edits. Definitely happy to help if you're curious about anything! :)

• Very Cool work Tamer !!

@[email protected] said:
    Very Cool work Tamer !!

Thank you so much @[email protected]!!