Did you know you can get Design Cuts WhatsApp updates directly on your phone? Find out more and register here: https://www.designcuts.com/whatsapp/
Thanks so much for joining the Design Cuts Community Forum! Be sure to check out our welcome post to help you get started: https://community.designcuts.com/discussion/198/welcome-to-the-community

Udemy Classes

Lazette GiffordLazette Gifford Posts: 40 Enthusiast

I have a chance to take some classes at the Udemy site, and I noticed that they have quite a few that are design-related. Have any of you taken classes there? Are there any classes you would recommend?

Comments

• Hey @Lazette Gifford i've taken a Udemy course, back when I started working for Design Cuts as i'd never done anything design related before, so I needed to learn Photoshop in order to offer the technical support my role required at the time! How advanced are you? What skills were you hoping to learn?

Here's a link to this weeks forum call and you can always send me a DM if you need any help in the forum:
    https://www.crowdcast.io/e/community-hangout/1

• Lazette GiffordLazette Gifford Posts: 40 Enthusiast

I work quite a bit with Adobe Photoshop, but I am entirely self-taught, which basically means I don't know what silly little things I completely missed. I want to learn both Illustrator and InDesign -- and really, just about anything else out there. Any classes you liked would be helpful.

• CrystalMCrystalM Posts: 9 Newbie

@Lazette Gifford I've been taking Udemy classes to get more informed on web design.
    "UI & Web Design using Adobe Illustrator CC" by Daniel Walter Scott
    The topics are very well organized, the content is informative, and he has a good voice.

• davewilliams000davewilliams000 Posts: 124 All Star

I too would highly recommend Daniel Scott's (aka BringYourOwnLaptop.com) courses. He's a certified Adobe instructor and often runs classes at Adobe MAX from what I have read.

He's got Beginner and Advanced courses on both Illustrator and InDesign, all of which I have taken, as well as the advanced Photshop one (I didn't feel I needed the basic PS one). All Daniel's courses are on skillshare as well as udemy if you already have a skillshare subscription or there are free trials available.

I started off doing a couple of them on udemy and then realised it would be a bit cheaper to get a skillshare subscription rather than paying for each course individually in my case as I knew I could get them all done within a few months. I've kept my skillshare subscription as there's alot of other classes on there I want to do. Worth pointing out that not every course are on both platforms though.

Hope that helps! :)

• territerri Posts: 811 mod

@Lazette Gifford said:
    I have a chance to take some classes at the Udemy site, and I noticed that they have quite a few that are design-related. Have any of you taken classes there? Are there any classes you would recommend?

I actually use Skillshare, I've never heard of Udemy. Do you enjoy it's format??