Did you know you can get Design Cuts WhatsApp updates directly on your phone? Find out more and register here: https://www.designcuts.com/whatsapp/
Thanks so much for joining the Design Cuts Community Forum! Be sure to check out our welcome post to help you get started: https://s.designcuts.com/Welcome-to-the-Forum

JULIANNASONG SINGS FROM NEW ZEALAND

I LOVE RAINBOWS, PEACOCKS, BUTTERFLIES, AND BLING AND I BELIEVE THAT IF WE JUST SEND BUTTERFLIES TO ONE ANOTHER LOVE AND LAUGHTER WOULD INCREASE EXPONENTIALLY IN OUR WORLD.

Comments

• SJ- Community ManagerSJ- Community Manager Posts: 766 admin
    edited February 5

@juliannasong this is so sweet and reminds me of you @Adriann_Curator !

I can't wait for you to spread this kind of positivity across our forum ☺️

Here's a link to this weeks forum call and you can always send me a DM if you need any help in the forum:
    https://www.crowdcast.io/e/community-hangout/1

• Barbara.ABarbara.A Posts: 644 mod

Welcome to the forum, @juliannasong !

• JeffJeff Posts: 606 mod

Welcome @juliannasong ! One of my nieces favourite memories was when we took her to a butterfly conservatory and she was able to release a Monarch to start its journey from Canada to Mexico.

• Deborah BraunDeborah Braun Posts: 732 mod
    edited February 6

Welcome to the forum @juliannasong ! Love the enthusiasm!

• Richard LyallRichard Lyall Posts: 1,089 mod

@juliannasong said:
    I LOVE RAINBOWS, PEACOCKS, BUTTERFLIES, AND BLING AND I BELIEVE THAT IF WE JUST SEND BUTTERFLIES TO ONE ANOTHER LOVE AND LAUGHTER WOULD INCREASE EXPONENTIALLY IN OUR WORLD.

Hi @juliannasong ... welcome to the forum. Sign me up for the butterfly apocalpse!

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,925 Champion

Jello @juliannasong 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼 Welcome to the forum.

My occupational therapist - who got me into design as a form of therapy- is from New Zealand. She has this lovely accent and she taught me about this awesome word, Ohana. What an amazing concept: Family means no one gets left behind!

• juliannasongjuliannasong Posts: 3 Newbie

WHANAU IS THE NAME FOR FAMILY. NO-ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND. WE ARE ALL WE. YOU ARE US. I AM US. WHEREVER I GO I AM WITHIN THE ARMS OF MY WHANAU MUCH AS I AM WITHIN THE ARMS OF MY WAIRUA (SPIRIT). WE ARE ALWAYS IN CONTACT. NO-ONE IS SEPARATED.
    I AM MOREHU - BAPTISED INTO THE RATANA CHURCH. MOREHU MEANS THE LEAST OF THE LEAST; THE SMALLEST OF THE SMALLEST. FOR YOU ALL TO EXPLORE. IT IS A VERY GREAT PLACE TO BE. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MIHI (WELCOMES)

• JeffJeff Posts: 606 mod
    edited February 9

I was honoured to meet a Maori leader recently when he visited our office with a delegation from New Zealand. He performed a welcome speech and we spent a long time discussing the importance of 'Whanau' to the Maori culture.

It really resonated with me and I saw obvious parallels with the Hawaiian 'Ohana' as they both are rooted in the Polynesian culture. It is a truly beautiful idea.

Maybe it is an island thing, but becoming part of an extended family, not just by birth or adoption, is also something I see in the Newfoundland way of life sometimes.

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,925 Champion

@juliannasong yes, sorry. I did mean whanau... I guess I got my cables crossed, which is really not that difficult of late 🤣🤣

I don't know where Ohana came from 🤦