Just a reminder that the Design Cuts office will be closed for the Easter Holidays from Friday 19th April- Monday 22nd April inclusive. This may affect some of the weekly competitions hosted in the forum, so please check the relevant threads for additional information :).
Don't forget to join us for our live forum call at 4pm UK time today, with Denise Anne! Remember if you're unable to make it, you'll still need to save your spot so that you can watch it back later: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/community-hangout/22

JULIANNASONG SINGS FROM NEW ZEALAND

I LOVE RAINBOWS, PEACOCKS, BUTTERFLIES, AND BLING AND I BELIEVE THAT IF WE JUST SEND BUTTERFLIES TO ONE ANOTHER LOVE AND LAUGHTER WOULD INCREASE EXPONENTIALLY IN OUR WORLD.

Comments

• SJ- Community ManagerSJ- Community Manager Posts: 874 admin
    edited February 5

@juliannasong this is so sweet and reminds me of you @Adriann_Curator !

I can't wait for you to spread this kind of positivity across our forum ☺️

Here's a link to this weeks forum call and you can always send me a DM if you need any help in the forum:
    https://www.crowdcast.io/e/community-hangout/1

• Barbara.ABarbara.A Posts: 732 mod

Welcome to the forum, @juliannasong !

• JeffJeff Posts: 653 mod

Welcome @juliannasong ! One of my nieces favourite memories was when we took her to a butterfly conservatory and she was able to release a Monarch to start its journey from Canada to Mexico.

• Deborah BraunDeborah Braun Posts: 814 mod
    edited February 6

Welcome to the forum @juliannasong ! Love the enthusiasm!

• Richard LyallRichard Lyall Posts: 1,212 mod

@juliannasong said:
    I LOVE RAINBOWS, PEACOCKS, BUTTERFLIES, AND BLING AND I BELIEVE THAT IF WE JUST SEND BUTTERFLIES TO ONE ANOTHER LOVE AND LAUGHTER WOULD INCREASE EXPONENTIALLY IN OUR WORLD.

Hi @juliannasong ... welcome to the forum. Sign me up for the butterfly apocalpse!

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

Jello @juliannasong 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼 Welcome to the forum.

My occupational therapist - who got me into design as a form of therapy- is from New Zealand. She has this lovely accent and she taught me about this awesome word, Ohana. What an amazing concept: Family means no one gets left behind!

• juliannasongjuliannasong Posts: 4 Newbie

WHANAU IS THE NAME FOR FAMILY. NO-ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND. WE ARE ALL WE. YOU ARE US. I AM US. WHEREVER I GO I AM WITHIN THE ARMS OF MY WHANAU MUCH AS I AM WITHIN THE ARMS OF MY WAIRUA (SPIRIT). WE ARE ALWAYS IN CONTACT. NO-ONE IS SEPARATED.
    I AM MOREHU - BAPTISED INTO THE RATANA CHURCH. MOREHU MEANS THE LEAST OF THE LEAST; THE SMALLEST OF THE SMALLEST. FOR YOU ALL TO EXPLORE. IT IS A VERY GREAT PLACE TO BE. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR MIHI (WELCOMES)

• JeffJeff Posts: 653 mod
    edited February 9

I was honoured to meet a Maori leader recently when he visited our office with a delegation from New Zealand. He performed a welcome speech and we spent a long time discussing the importance of 'Whanau' to the Maori culture.

It really resonated with me and I saw obvious parallels with the Hawaiian 'Ohana' as they both are rooted in the Polynesian culture. It is a truly beautiful idea.

Maybe it is an island thing, but becoming part of an extended family, not just by birth or adoption, is also something I see in the Newfoundland way of life sometimes.

• ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

@juliannasong yes, sorry. I did mean whanau... I guess I got my cables crossed, which is really not that difficult of late 🤣🤣

I don't know where Ohana came from 🤦