Just a reminder that the Design Cuts office will be closed for the Easter Holidays from Friday 19th April- Monday 22nd April inclusive. This may affect some of the weekly competitions hosted in the forum, so please check the relevant threads for additional information :).
Don't forget to join us for our live forum call at 4pm UK time today, with Denise Anne! Remember if you're unable to make it, you'll still need to save your spot so that you can watch it back later: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/community-hangout/22

What skills can you offer to others here?

Tom RossTom Ross Posts: 389 admin
edited September 2018 in Share your Knowledge

I thought I'd try a fun little thread.

Why not 'trade' skills here, to help each other? It doesn't have to be a big commitment, but say that you're awesome at logo design, but suck at copywriting - maybe another member is a copywriting expert, but sucks at logos...

you get the idea :).

Please post below with what skills you'd be willing to help other members with for free. Even 5-10 mins of your time could really benefit someone else, and you never know how it'll be repaid :).

Let's goooo!

If you need an in depth critique on your work, be sure to check out this thread. We'll critique your work as part of a new video series at Design Cuts!

Β«13

Comments

  • Tom RossTom Ross Posts: 389 admin

    Oh, and I should probably start! Consider this other thread my value giver: https://community.designcuts.com/discussion/83/id-love-to-help-with-your-business-marketing-social-media-questions

    If you need an in depth critique on your work, be sure to check out this thread. We'll critique your work as part of a new video series at Design Cuts!

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    This is an awesome thread. I do have something I need help with (Photoshop) but I don't think I have any skills anyone here might need. Only one I can think of is Spanish or Italian, in case anyone needs to make a bilingual poster or something πŸ˜•

  • Tom RossTom Ross Posts: 389 admin

    You'd be surprised, translation is a great value to bring :). What Photoshop stuff do you need help with?

    If you need an in depth critique on your work, be sure to check out this thread. We'll critique your work as part of a new video series at Design Cuts!

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    We'll, this is kind of embarrassing. I have a photo with Marina Dorris, who played Deanna Troi in Star Trek: TNG. But, someone who wasn't supposed to be in the picture imposed themselves in it. I was wondering if they can be removed without making the photo awkward

  • Deborah BraunDeborah Braun Posts: 814 mod

    Claudia it sounds like you were photo bombed. If you post the photo I could see if what you want done is possible. I have had some success with cloning out unwanted items.

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    @DABr4un said:
    Claudia it sounds like you were photo bombed. If you post the photo I could see if what you want done is possible. I have had some success with cloning out unwanted items.

    Thank you so much. Here's the pic

    I hope it is doable! 🀞🏼🀞🏼

  • JemJem Posts: 938 Champion

    Claudia - I'm happy to have a look at this, but won't get chance until Sunday evening at the earliest when I'm back home. If no one is able to assist by then, I'll take a look :)

    I might even try and enlist the husband and his incredible Photoshop skills too ;)

    Photographer | Graphic Designer | Cat Mum | Film Watcher | Music Listener | Yorkshire Lass

    Instagram: @shutterjunkie | Twitter: @photographerjem

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    Aaaaw sweet! That k you so much! πŸ’–

  • Deborah BraunDeborah Braun Posts: 814 mod
    edited August 2018

    @Claudia hi I just downloaded the photo. It is a challenge, but I will do my best to remove the man. Give me a few days. Great photo though.

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    Thank you so much!

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    @DABr4un Hahaha that's fun, indeed. Thank you!

  • Tom RossTom Ross Posts: 389 admin

    Really nice work @DABr4un tough one to edit

    If you need an in depth critique on your work, be sure to check out this thread. We'll critique your work as part of a new video series at Design Cuts!

  • Rosa PerryRosa Perry Posts: 163 All Star

    I'm on to it @Claudia - I've started and it's do-able. Looking good too I think. xo

    @Claudia said:

    @DABr4un said:
    Claudia it sounds like you were photo bombed. If you post the photo I could see if what you want done is possible. I have had some success with cloning out unwanted items.

    Thank you so much. Here's the pic

    I hope it is doable! 🀞🏼🀞🏼

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    @Rosa yaaaaaaaay 😁

  • Rosa PerryRosa Perry Posts: 163 All Star

    @Tom Ross said:
    I thought I'd try a fun little thread.

    Why not 'trade' skills here, to help each other? It doesn't have to be a big commitment, but say that you're awesome at logo design, but suck at copywriting - maybe another member is a copywriting expert, but sucks at logos...

    you get the idea :).

    Please post below with what skills you'd be willing to help other members with for free. Even 5-10 mins of your time could really benefit someone else, and you never know how it'll be repaid :).

    Let's goooo!

    I'm happy to help with Photoshop. If anyone wants to fix something like @Claudia's post re photo, I'm happy to help. . . Anyway just ask. . I'm here to help, support, spread the love. . . well you guys know what I mean. ❀️️🌹

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    @Rosa said:
    @Claudia - I hope it's okay Claudia? I've put an arm on her, slightly bent towards the back.

    @Claudia said:
    @Rosa yaaaaaaaay 😁

    WOW!!!! Im totally amazed! WOW!!!

  • Rosa PerryRosa Perry Posts: 163 All Star

    lol. . I'm glad you think so. I didn't adjust or touch anything else because you ladies are just beautiful as you are. ❀️️

    @Claudia said:

    @Rosa said:
    @Claudia - I hope it's okay Claudia? I've put an arm on her, slightly bent towards the back.

    @Claudia said:
    @Rosa yaaaaaaaay 😁

    WOW!!!! Im totally amazed! WOW!!!

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    @Rosa aaaaaw you are so sweet! Just like your name

  • Deborah BraunDeborah Braun Posts: 814 mod

    @Rosa I'm glad you were able to help Claudia. I did not have another arm laying around! lol

  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 1,951 Champion

    @DABr4un hahaha yeah, I didn't either. They're not easy to come by 🀣

  • Rosa PerryRosa Perry Posts: 163 All Star

    Haha @DABr4un and @Claudia I actually stood in same position and took a selfie! haha!

    @DABr4un said:
    @Rosa I'm glad you were able to help Claudia. I did not have another arm laying around! lol

  • Deborah BraunDeborah Braun Posts: 814 mod

    @Rosa you have a lovely arm, unfortunately I don't have.

  • Rosa PerryRosa Perry Posts: 163 All Star

    @DABr4un said:
    @Rosa you have a lovely arm, unfortunately I don't have.

    Smilingggggggg

  • JeffJeff Posts: 653 mod

    I'll offer up that I'm happy to spend time helping others troubleshoot issues with computers and software. I've also used a lot of Photoshop plugins, especially related to photography and photo-to-art conversions, so if you are looking for suggestions on tools to try I may be able to help.

  • Rosa PerryRosa Perry Posts: 163 All Star

    That's awesome @Jeff :)


    @Jeff said:
    I'll offer up that I'm happy to spend time helping others troubleshoot issues with computers and software. I've also used a lot of Photoshop plugins, especially related to photography and photo-to-art conversions, so if you are looking for suggestions on tools to try I may be able to help.

  • territerri Posts: 811 mod

    @Rosa said:
    @Claudia - I hope it's okay Claudia? I've put an arm on her, slightly bent towards the back.

    Holy wow, Rosa, that's amazing! Great job!!

  • territerri Posts: 811 mod

    I was a decent editor for typos and grammatical errors, I used to online edit for a group of authors long ago. I also think differently than most people, so my supervisors used to have me read their e-mails before they went out. What sounds correct to them, can sound completely different to me and others. A bit rusty, but I could pull it out again. I'm good with research and if you're having a bad day, I can probably cheer you up. ;) As far as graphic design, I'm good at tubing, but I've not mastered removing backgrounds from hair. Honestly, I don't think I have the patience, lol!

  • Tom RossTom Ross Posts: 389 admin

    @Terri being a good editor is such a rare skill to have. Very jealous :)

    If you need an in depth critique on your work, be sure to check out this thread. We'll critique your work as part of a new video series at Design Cuts!

Β«13
Sign In or Register to comment.